The road to the courtroom is never straight. Let us guide you through it.
My name is Mike Dunham and I’ve been a lawyer for a long time. I became a lawyer because I like helping people. I started Dunham Legal because I like helping people. Every business should have a web page to help itself, but I want this web page to help everybody else.
- If you want to learn about who we are, you can meet us here.
- If you want to learn why we do what we do, you can read more about our philosophy.
- If you want to learn more about our pricing, you can read about that here, including certain cases we take on a flat-fee basis.
- If you need directions or to reach out to us, check out our contact page.
- If you’re here because you want to learn how YOU can help people, please visit our “DLG Cares” page.
The rest of this page is all about resources that can hopefully help you. Obviously, if you’re not a client, nothing I have to say should be taken as legal advice; and if you are a client, your legal advice should come from me directly, not my web site. Still, I hope this information can help you in some way, and if you have questions, please drop us a line any time. Thank you!
Browse All Articles (Selected Articles Appear Below)
Divorce and Family Law
- FREE “Divorce 101” E-book [related: standard intake email]
- Divorce vs. Separate Maintenance in Georgia
- What Is “Abandonment”?
- What is Alimony?
- What is a “Meretricious Relationship”?
- Property Division in Lieu of Alimony, Alimony in Lieu of Property Division
- Mechanics of Property Division
- Community Property, Equitable Division of Property, “Equitable” vs. “Equal”
- Statutory Factors for Determining Alimony in Georgia
- Calculator Showing Alimony Formulas in Other Jurisdictions [Google Sheet, opens in new tab]
- Child Support ESTIMATOR [Google Sheet, opens in new tab]
- Divorcing Parents Seminar
- www.DivorceBooksForKids.com – browse to discover age-appropriate books about sensitive divorce topics [opens in new tab]
- Age-by-Age Guide to What Children Understand About Divorce
- BOOK: “Your Post-Divorce Compass: Practical, Real-World Advice for the Newly Single” [buy now on Amazon.com]
- FREE One-Page Dispossessory/Eviction Checklist
- BOOK: “A Brief Guide to Georgia Evictions” [buy now on Amazon.com]
- INFOGRAPHIC – “Repair and Deduct”
The Litigation Process
- Managing Expectations for the Initial Phase of Litigation [related: calculating answer deadline]
- All About Depositions
- Evaluating Settlement Options
- Georgia’s “Right to Repair Act” – Homeowner’s Perspective
- Georgia’s “Right to Repair Act” – Contractor’s Perspective
Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- What Is Mediation?
- Why Bother with Mediation?
- Preparing for Mediation
- An Overview of the Mediation Process
- Other Forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dunham Legal’s Transparent Pricing
- Basic Estate Planning Needs
- How to Prepare for Your Initial Estate Planning Consultation
- Drafting a Will
- Understanding Trusts
- Key Differences Between Trusts and Wills
- FAQ’s About Living Wills
- Understanding Power of Attorney
- Understanding Letters of Intent
- Planning for Incapacity
- Everything You Need to Know About International Estate Planning
- Mistakes to Avoid When Naming a Beneficiary Designation